Whether you’re moving to a new state or a few blocks away, hiring the right best moving firm in New Jersey moving company can make your relocation effortlessly. However, you need to save some money on the moving process too. Here are some useful tips to help you save a lot of money when you’re moving.
• Remove The Junk Your moving company will arrive at a fee depending on the overall weight of your possessions or the number of trips or vehicles required for the move. That’s why you need to get rid of any unused items and junk to reduce the overall weight considerably. You can sell these items or donate them and get some money out of it.
• Find Your Own Boxes You don’t have to pay for moving boxes when you can get them for free. If you’re planning to move a few months from now, you should start searching for free boxes as early as possible. Visit the local superstores to find out if there are any extra boxes lying around and save a lot of money when moving.
• Pack Your Own Things Yes, it might be tiresome packing everything on your own but it’s a great way to save money when you’re moving. However, you need to make sure that you pack everything carefully to avoid any damage in transit. You don’t need to spend a lot of money on bubble wrap instead you can use old newspapers, sheets, blankets, towels or comforters.
• Off Season Moving Between September and May, you will get a good deal from a moving company because that’s the off-season. During summer, most moving companies are very busy because people with families prefer moving this time when kids are on vacation. You will get a cheaper moving company during the off-season that moving on a weekday or a specific time of the month.
• Ask For Several Estimates Different moving companies in your area might have varying prices. You should get at least 3 bids then compare them using the prices, types of services offered and your instincts. Also, check the reputation of the company, their availability, and responsiveness. For instance, if you’re moving your entire household, the moving company should send someone to survey your possessions to come up with an accurate written estimate. Don’t settle for the cheapest estimate without doing some due diligence on the company.
• Ask Your Friends For Help Do you have a colleague, relative or neighbor who owns a truck? Well, you don’t have to hire a moving company altogether. You can always ask for help moving your possessions. You’re bound to save a lot of money this way. However, it’s only a valid tip if you’re not moving a long distance.
• Move Your Own Things Do you own a car? Well, you can always pack up your possessions and make a few trips to the new destination until you have moved everything you own. You’re going to cut the cost of using a moving company completely.