1. Go for neutrals – this doesn’t mean that you avoid strong colors, but you need to first decide where you need all the attention to go. If you think for example all the attention should be in the walls, then go for it but remember when you decide to go bold on the walls, each and everything in that particular room should be impartial so that it doesn’t seem like too many things are trying to compete. For example the bathroom can go well with bold colors since everything in the bathroom is normally white. Here is some help.
It is only natural that you get the great things done first but it will be especially much easier if you first choose the color that goes well with your furniture. So, below are some tips to help you in choosing the best furniture color for your home.
2. Have an inspiration – you can start by searching for interior magazines in your local stores like Home Depot etc. They help you in choosing different colors that will go well with your home and also give you different ideas of how to design your rooms. You can also go online and browse on the interior websites and also get one or two ideas.
3. Consider you personalty – if you are the kind of people whose tastes change constantly, then you might want to consider going for the neutral and solid colors. A navy or grey or even black color will work well with any other color that you might want to add to it.
4. Match your color with the outdoor scenery – if your house has a lot of windows, you can try pairing your furniture with the outside scenery like if you live around a forested area, an earthy color like green or brown would be flattering. If in case you live in the city, take some color from your surroundings like the bricks or the metal structures adjacent.
5. Coordinate with the few items in the house – to bring some balance in the room, you can match your furniture’s color with the little items in the room like the pictures or the lamps. If you have light colored wood floors, you can go for a beige color.
Sometimes its not a bad idea to go outside the box but if this is your first time, follow the guidelines so that you can be able to create your own style and also make your furniture makeover a success. As you get more comfortable with the process, you can later on try experimenting with different color schemes and see how it goes.